Aaron L. Dennison resigned from his position at the Waltham Watch Company in the year of 1862. Two years later, Dennison became a primary founder of the Tremont Watch Company. The factory was located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dennison imported parts from Switzerland such as the balance wheels and escapements. In 1866, Dennison argued with the board of directors about relocating the company from Boston to Melrose and when his opinion was disregarded, he withdrew from the company. Shortly after Dennison withdrew, the company was reorganized as the Melrose Watch Company.