Non-Magnetic Pocket Watches

1887-1905


The Non-Magnetic Watch Company of America was founded in 1887. But it all began in the mid 1880’s when a man by the name of Charles-Auguste Paillard received several patents for non-magnetic alloys for balance springs and balances.

After these patents were granted, the company started to import movements from other companies, all of which were fitted with a non-magnetic hairspring and signed under the Non-Magnetic Watch Co. of America-Pillaird’s Patent Balance and Spring or Geneva Non-Magnetic Watch Co. Ltd.
Movements were imported from the Swiss, but the company also had other American Companies manufacture movements in its name such as Elgin, Illinois and Peoria.